Useful information for Parents
The School Day
- Breakfast club at school and nursery starts at 8am
- Nursery sessions run from 8.30am - 12.15pm and 12.15pm - 4pm
- Children attend school from 8.40am to 3pm
- Opening times for holidays are posted by the School Secretary
Beginning of the Day:
- School gates open at 8.40am
- Children enter the school from 8.40am - 8.50am from the front (All Saints Lane) or rear (Calgary Road) entrances.
- Parents can escort children but do not enter the building
- Registration is at 8.50am
- Doors and main gates close at 8.50am
Playtimes and Lunch:
- KS1 Playtime – 10.15am - 10.30am
- KS2 Playtime – 10.30am - 10.45am
- Lunch – 12.15pm - 1.15pm
End of the day:
- Children are collected from an external classroom door by a parent or carer once this person has been identified by the class teacher. Children do not with anyone that has not been approved by parents.
- Children may only go with an alternative adult if the class teacher has been notified. If an alternative adult comes to collect a child, staff will check with the office and contact parents if necessary.
- Year 5 and 6 children are allowed to walk home on their own but only with signed parental permission.
We believe that home learning is an important part of the partnership we have with parents in supporting children to learn.
Home learning is increased progressively as children move through the school. It is particularly useful to reinforce learning but is also used to encourage children to engage in the exploration of new areas of study.
Reporting Pupil Progress
At the end of the Reception Year each child is assessed against the Early Learning Goals of the Foundation Stage Curriculum. Each child in Year 2 and Year 6 is assessed in the summer term according to the statutory National Curriculum assessment arrangements.
Parent consultation evenings are held during the Autumn and Spring Terms. A written report is sent home in July, clearly outlining your child’s progress and development, together with future targets.